We’re excited to be in our 2nd year of #AWCchat: a one-hour, weekly online chat on Twitter where we discuss a variety of communications-related topics.
Nope, you do not have to be an AWC (Association for Women in Communications) member or a woman to participate.
The chat is held weekly, for one hour, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on Thursdays. There will usually be a transcript on our Chirpstory channel if you can’t make it.
Here is a helpful post on how to participate in a Twitter chat, by Lisa Barone. Here’s the plan:
Schedule/Topics January 2013
- Thursday, January 3 – No chat
- Thursday, January 10 – Short open mic chat, 10-1030 CST while host is changing planes on biz travel
- Thursday, January 17 – How to use Google+ Hangouts for your business
- Thursday, January 24 – Awards (like the AWC Clarion) and recognition: how to publicize your successes without looking like an annoying showoff
- Thursday, January 31 – The latest on LinkedIn for business, with guest host @dfriez
Please follow @AWCchat on Twitter, and tweet us any other topic ideas you have. We look forward to seeing you at one or all of the chat sessions.
Thanks very much for your support of the AWC – where we “get” communications integration thanks to our diverse and talented membership!