Chat topics, dates and times for August 2013
We’re excited to be in our 2nd year of #AWCchat: a one-hour, weekly online chat on Twitter where we discuss a variety of communications-related topics.
Nope, you do not have to be an AWC (Association for Women in Communications) member or a woman to participate.
The chat is held weekly, for one hour, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on Thursdays. There will usually be a transcript on our Chirpstory channel if you can’t make it.
Here is a helpful post on how to participate in a Twitter chat, by Lisa Barone. Here’s the plan:
Schedule/Topics August 2013
- Thursday, August 1 – B2B (Business to Business) Communications: Is it Really So Different?
- Thursday, August 8 – Business travel & the fall conference season (how to not lose your mind)
- Thursday, August 15 – The press release: is it dead? Why or why not? (original wellness topic moved to Sept 19)
- Thursday, August 22 – Guest host is Sarah Petty, opening keynote for the October 2013 AWC National Conference, on being paid what you are worth (and you’re worth every penny, right?)
- Thursday, August 29 – no chat, go take a holiday!
Please follow @AWCchat on Twitter, and tweet us any other topic ideas you have. We look forward to seeing you at one or all of the chat sessions.
Thanks very much for your support of the AWC – where we “get” communications integration thanks to our diverse and talented membership!