Summary transcript for 27 Sept 2012 #AWCchat: crisis communications
Thanks to everyone who participated in our 35th #AWCChat on Twitter, about crisis communications, with guest hosts Christine Cox Reinauer (@crcpr21) and Andrea Schulle (@AndreaSchulle) from Andris Media (@AndrisMedia).
Five items were posted for discussion:
1) Has anyone here ever been in (or “have a friend” who’s been in) a PR crisis position with a client?
2) What’s the difference between a social media PR crisis & a general sort of crisis?
3) What social media components need to be in place to avoid/address a PR crisis/disaster?
4) What key lessons can we learn from past #SMflubs like Susan G. Komen vs. Planned Parenthood?
5) How to avoid this crisis problem: C-suite people are often not very good at media, but no one believes/wants to hear from “the PR weenie” in a crisis. Discuss.
Christine and Andrea also shared their Pinterest Board for PR flubs – http://pinterest.com/andreaschulle/pr-flubs/
** On Chirpstory – the summary transcript for the 27 Sept chat on crisis communications.
The next chat is on Thursday, 4 October at 1130 am CST, about taking care of yourself so you can take care of your business.
Thanks for your support of the AWC (Association for Women in Communications) community.