Chat topics, dates and times for August 2012
We’re excited to start our ninth month of #AWCchat: a one-hour, weekly online chat on Twitter where we discuss a variety of communications-related topics.
Nope, you do not have to be an AWC (Association for Women in Communications) member or a woman to participate.
The chat is held weekly, for one hour, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on Thursdays. There will usually be a transcript on our Chirpstory channel if you can’t make it.
Here is a helpful post on how to participate in a Twitter chat, by Lisa Barone. Here’s the plan:
Schedule/Topics August 2012
- Thursday, August 2 – No chat, host on travel
- Thursday, August 9 – No, Print is NOT Dead, with guest host Mary Anne Connolly, former Executive Editor of Austin Woman magazine. She’s @MaryAnneComm on Twitter.
- Thursday, August 16 – Video Content Creation (because the #2 search engine in the world is….YouTube.) Guest host is Lisa Angle with Ninety Degrees Media. She’s @dolphingal805 on Twitter.
- Thursday, August 23 – Better decision-making, including ideas from Suzy Welch’s 10-10-10 business book
- Thursday, August 30 – Jill of all Trades – Doing it All on a NonProfit Shoestring, with guest host Jan Gunter, Communications Manager for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas. She’s @JanGunter on Twitter.
Please follow @AWCchat on Twitter, tweet us any other topic ideas you have and we look forward to seeing you at one or all of the chat sessions.
Thanks very much for your support of the AWC – where we “get” communications integration thanks to our diverse and talented membership!