We’re excited to be in our 2nd year of #AWCchat: a one-hour, weekly online chat on Twitter where we discuss a variety of communications-related topics.
Nope, you do not have to be an AWC (Association for Women in Communications) member or a woman to participate.
The chat is held weekly, for one hour, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on Thursdays. There will usually be a transcript on our Chirpstory channel if you can’t make it.
Here is a helpful post on how to participate in a Twitter chat, by Lisa Barone. Here’s the plan:
Schedule/Topics October 2013
- Thursday, Oct 3 - Template Fest! Share & learn about favorite templates/ checklists for tasks you do all the time. Business plans, marketing plans, social media policies, even meal plans. Stop re-inventing wheels.
- Thursday, Oct 10 - No chat – host has schedule conflict. Want to guest host? Email Sheila AT TourismCurrents DOT com.
- Thursday, Oct 17 - No chat, but we’ll be live on the #AWCconf13 hashtag from our AWC National Conference in Springfield, Illinois!
- Thursday, Oct 24 - Digital Communication Trends (very popular panel at the National Conference)
- Thursday, Oct 31 – Leadership Development – how do you get people to step up and take charge?
Please follow @AWCchat on Twitter, and tweet us any other topic ideas you have. We look forward to seeing you at one or all of the chat sessions.
Thanks very much for your support of the AWC – where we “get” communications integration thanks to our diverse and talented membership!