Chat topics, dates and times for March 2012
We’re excited to start our fourth month of #AWCchat: a one-hour, weekly online chat on Twitter where we discuss a variety of communications-related topics.
Nope, you do not have to be an AWC member or a woman to participate….
The chat is held weekly, for one hour, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on Thursdays.
There will usually be a transcript on our Chirpstory channel if you can’t make it.
Here is a helpful post on how to participate in a Twitter chat, by Lisa Barone of Outspoken Media.
Here’s the plan:
Schedule/Topics March 2012
- Thursday, March 1 - Help, we can’t pay for this! Getting sponsorships for your events or projects
- Thursday, March 8 - No chat – busy at the SXSWi (South by Southwest Interactive) tech conference (info we pick up will be included in the 15 May 2012 “Ear To the Geek Ground” tech update AWC webinar)
- Thursday, March 15 - Build a better blog or Facebook Page with an editorial calendar for online content, with guest host Aliah Davis-McHenry
- Thursday, March 22 - Success with an intern: it’s a two-way street, with guest host Jane Baxter Lynn
- Thursday, March 29 – More effective networking,
with Patti DeNucci
(Patti can’t make it but we’ll talk about networking anyway!)
Please follow @AWCchat on Twitter, tweet us any other topic ideas you have and we look forward to seeing you at one or all of the chat sessions.
Thanks very much for your support of the AWC (Association for Women in Communications) community – where we “get” communications integration thanks to our diverse and talented membership!